Zucchini Lemon Bundt Cake
• 1 cup butter, room temp
• 2 cups sugar
•¼ cup plus 2 Tbs lemon juice
• 2 tsp lemon zest
• 3 eggs
• 3 cups flour
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 2 ½ cups grated summer squash or zucchini
• 1/4 cup melted butter
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray and flour*.
2. Grate summer squash.
3. In the bowl of your mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in lemon juice and zest.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, scrapping the bowl after each addition.
6. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and powder.
7. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture. Mixing until just combined.
8. Stir in grated summer squash.
9. Batter will be thick.
10. Pour batter into bundt pan, and tap on the counter to remove air bubbles.
11. Bake bundt pan for 50-60 minutes or until a knife is inserted and come out clean.
12. Allow cake to cool for 20 minutes or more, then turn pan over and gently tap to remove cake.*
13. Cool completely.
Once cooled, make glaze.
14. Melt butter in a small pan then add powdered sugar and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth. 15. Pour glaze over bundt.
16. Slice and serve
*Removing a bundt cake from the pan can be challenging for those not experienced (like me). Please google “removing a bundt cake from the pan” for tips for success.